Do you ever forget to take care of yourself? We have some self-care ideas in Albuquerque that are good for the mind, body, and soul. Maybe you have been neglecting your self-care because you have been too busy. Life happens! But, before you know it, you become beaten down from exhaustion and mental fog.
Self-Care Ideas for the Mind:
- Start your day with a mini-meditation with one minute of awareness of your thoughts, feelings, and sensations; one minute of focused attention on breathing; and one minute of awareness of the body as a whole.
- Be selfish.Do one thing today just because it makes you happy.
- Goof around for a bit.Schedule in five minutes of “play” (non-directed activity) several times throughout your day.
- Create a deliberate habit, and routinize something small in your life by doing it, in the same way, each day—what you wear on Tuesdays, or picking up the dental floss before you brush.
- Do a mini-declutter.Recycle three things from your wardrobe that you don’t love or regularly wear.
- Unplug for an hour.Switch everything to airplane mode and free yourself from the constant binges of social media and email.